- Este debate está vacío.
- 8 enero, 2022 a las 11:27 am #34856ira6383242Invitado
<br><br>Ascension temple – Orthodox church in Tula.<br>Story<br>The parish was formed in the 17th century, and the first mention of the Church of the Ascension in the book of Tula Posad (1646) dates back to the same time. In 1712, a stone church was built at the expense of the merchant Andrei Fedorov Vladimirov. But there was no chapel for the morning liturgy, and the turned to the bishop with a request to build a chapel. Soon, permission was obtained, but it was not possible to build a chapel, because the church was too dilapidated.<br><br>In 1754 it was decided to dismantle the church and build a new two-story church. The construction of the currently existing temple lasted more than thirty years. In 1755, the first floor of the temple was built and consecrated. The upper one, due to lack of funding, remained unfinished. In 1767, the parishioners organized a fundraiser for the completion of the construction. In 1779, the building under construction was damaged by a fire. Such a long construction period may explain the noticeable discrepancy between the flat facades (in the classicism style) and the luxurious and plastic forms of the light drum (in the baroque style). In 1787 the temple was finally completed and on October 2 of the same year it was consecrated. A bell tower with six bells was erected next to the temple.<br><br>The temple had one gilded chapter, the roof was covered with white sheet iron, the iconostasis was gilded, and all the icons were painted by the famous master of that time, Grigory Ivanovich Belousov. In 1824, the chapel of St. Barbara appeared on the first floor, built thanks to the merchant Ivan Ivanovich Vladimirov. In 1883, a parish school was opened at the church. In 1834, a fire broke out on the second floor, during which the entire iconostasis, painted by Belousov, burned down, and a new one there only in 1844.<br><br>The most revered shrines of the temple were the icon of the Sorrowful Mother of God (an exact copy of the icon in St. Petersburg in 1888), the icon of the great martyr Barbara and part of the relics of the great martyr Panteleimon.<br><br>In the early 1930s, the temple was closed, the bell tower was subsequently demolished. The Church of the Ascension is a federal historical and cultural monument. The building was put on state protection in 1960 in accordance with the decree of the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR. In 1961, the Soyuzshakhtoosusheniya workshop was located in the former church. In 1992, the Church of the Ascension was returned to the . The church has a parish school and a library. Since March 20, 2008, by the decision of the Diocesan Council, the temple has been a missionary one.<br>A sourceLozinsky R. R. „Pages of the Past».