- Este debate está vacío.
- 8 enero, 2022 a las 12:32 pm #34869finlaywilkenInvitado
<br><br>Chateau Palmer (fr. Château Palmer) is an estate located in the Margaux appellation, Madoc subregion, Bordeaux region. His winery produces dry red wine Château Palmer, which is included in the third category according to the official classification of Bordeaux wines in 1855.<br>Story19th century<br>From the 16th century to 1814, the land on which the chateau is located was owned by the de Gasces family. Its history is inextricably linked with the parliamentarianism of Bordeaux. After the death of Brunet de Ferrière, the second husband of the widow de Gasque, the territory was sold by her to the English general Charles Palmer. He served in Wellington’s army, which entered Bordeaux in 1814. Palmer was the son of a brewer. As a child, he worked in the production of a drink. After his death, he got an impressive fortune. In addition, the British government posthumously paid his father £ 100,000 for the invention of the first mail carriage system. He also inherited the theater in Bath. Palmer was elected Member of Parliament for the city, and also became an officer in the regiment of the Prince of Wales. Charles met the owner of the Chateau Palmer estate on his way to Paris after the end of the Pyrenees campaign. She was heading to the capital of France with the hope of selling the chateau. By the end of the trip, they had agreed on a deal. The purchase price was 100,000 francs. Also, the widow was supposed to have a lifetime annuity – 500 liters of wine per year. For 17 years, the new owner expanded the boundaries of the estate, for which he spent half a million francs. The area of the chateau began to be equal to 162 hectares, half of which was occupied by vineyards. The first name he gave it was Château de Gasque. General Palmer spent half of his time in Bordeaux and half in Britain. Médoc has fallen on hard times with the radiant dew epidemic, tightening export laws and additional fines for wine producers. Palmer began to grow poorer and fall into debt. His sales agent, Gray, had been stealing and deceiving an English general for 20 years. In 1832 Palmer was deprived of his seat in the English House due to legislative reform. The general lost his fortune and began to sell parts of the estate. In 1834 his wife left him. Seven years later, Parisian bankers took away the remaining parts of the vineyard. In 1945 Charles Palmer died at a poor house in Bordeaux.<br>20th century<br>The estate passed into the hands of Marie Bergerac Isaac Pereire. This Jewish-Portuguese family owned large stakes in railways and banks. In 1953, the deal cost 410,000 francs. The new owner built a new manor building in the style of the Second Empire – it remains so to this day. Isaacau Pereira got the estate in poor condition. Vineyards perished because of Charles Palmer’s experiments with them. There was also a wage debt to employees. In 1958, new vines had to be planted. This fact explains the entry of wine into the third category of wines in the 1855 classification. Despite its position in it, the quality and price of Chateau Palmer are rather between the first and second categories. Pereire invested a lot of money in the development of the estate, which, together with Lefort’s talents, allowed the château to reach a high level in difficult years for the entire region and earn a good reputation. The situation was aggravated by the fact that during this period the region was attacked by dew, mold and phyloxera.<br><br>By the thirties of the twentieth century, the number of shareholders of the estate from the members of the Pereire family had greatly increased, and the business became difficult to manage. It was put up for sale. In 1939 the deal took place. In 1938 the estate was sold to a consortium, which included merchants Sisé Meller-Bizet, Gineste and the Miale family. The Pereire family invested little in the a chateau in the last years of their ownership. The vineyard area shrank to 36 hectares. It was only possible to bring it to profitability by 1953. By 1970, the vineyard area was expanded to 109 hectares. The estate was run by Monsieur Lefort, who was a talented manager of the time. After Lefort, another talented manager, Chardon, began to manage the estate. His children and grandchildren will also run the chateau to this day.<br><br>By the end of the 20th century, the largest block of shares, equal to 34%, belonged to the Sichel family. The rest of the estate’s shareholders were a number of private individuals – members of the Meller-Besse family. Olga Meller-Besse married the manager of the estate, Jean Boutulier. Later, his son Bertrand will also take over the Chateau Palmer. From 1945 to 1996, the Chardon family was involved in the maintenance of the vineyard and the production of wine. Bertrand Boutulier managed the entire estate for forty years until 2004. In this position, he was replaced by Thomas Duru, who previously ran the Italian winery Tenuta dell’Ornellaia (Italian Tenuta dell’Ornellaia).<br><br>In 1995, a modern fermentation room was built, equipped with temperature-controlled stainless steel vats. Before them, oak containers were used at the winery.<br>Palmer estate<br>The vineyard area is 55 hectares. 47% of the planting is given to merlot, another 47% to cabernet sauvignon, the rest to petit verdot. On average, about 15,000 cases of wine are produced annually. The owners of the estate are the Sishel family, Maller-Bursa and Buteye. The vineyard soil is sandy-gravel on top of the Geronne gravel layer. The planting density of grapes is 10 thousand vines / ha. Average yield is 50 hecal / ha.<br><br>Today the estate is owned by the Sishel family and the heirs of . The owners actively host guests at their chateau. A harvest day is organized annually for the Palmer Club members. During the day, guests collect the harvest in special backpacks, later there is lunch and an introduction to the full technology of harvesting.<br>Winery products<br>Some believe that the wine of the Château Palmer brand in the Margaux region is second only to another legendary brand – Château Margaux, which belongs to the first category of wines in the official wine classification of the region. Despite the fact that the drink produced at the winery belongs to the third category – its quality and price exceed this formal parameter. The black and gold label is adorned with British, Dutch and . The winery produces two brands of wine – „first» and „second» wine:<br><br>Château Palmer is a premium brand. The grapes used in the production are Cabernet Sauvignon (54%), Merlot (42%) and Petit Verdot (4%).<br><br>Alter Ego – made from the same grape varieties as the more expensive variety in combination (53%, 41%, 6%).<br>